We are searching for an engineering manager in our Java team. This team is responsible for Java/Linux based cloud micro-services and on-premises connectors that extend the capabilities of the Syncplicity SaaS offering. Working in the Syncplicity team gives you a great opportunity to learn some of the latest in Java, Linux, AWS, security and deployment technologies to advance your skills and career.
You will be the direct manager for a team of Java developers including hiring, growing and performance management. As a manager of projects, you will be responsible for the on-time, high quality delivery of our product, leading a variety of large and small projects. Everything from robust design principles to automated testing, deployment and configuration using the latest industry technologies and keeping a crisp definition of done will be your charter.
• Commercial Java 8 experience and JVM tuning.
• Proven in-depth knowledge of Linux, Spring MVC and networking.
• Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
• Proficient verbal and written English communication.
• Working understanding of Agile scrum development.
• 3+ years as architect or technical lead.
• AWS EC2, s3 and related services is a plus.
• 2+ years managing people is a plus.