Axway is a catalyst for transformation and a global leader in data flow governance. With Axway AMPLIFY™, our cloud-enabled data integration and engagement platform, leading brands better anticipate, adapt and scale to meet ever-changing customer expectations. Our unified, API-first approach connects data from anywhere, fuels millions of apps and delivers real-time analytics to build customer experience networks. From idea to execution, we help make the future possible for more than 11,000 organizations in 100 countries.
We are seeking a Senior Solution Manager to enhance current solution offering and drive new solution capabilities in our API Management and Microservices portfolio. API Management is a key revenue driver for Axway and important to the company success. The person will be responsible for driving the API Management and Microservices solution, defining and executing the business strategy and modernizing the solution. The person will also be responsible for market analysis, defining market opportunity, crafting solution roadmaps, packaging and pricing. This role reports to the Vice President of Solution Management.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Focus on targeting the API Management and Microservices buyer role at the customers from business line buyers to technical buyers.
- Develop solution offerings. Oversees the development of market and solution requirements for new and existing offerings. Beyond everyday priorities, have an eye toward the future and invest significant time in defining solution concepts, business cases and the solution line extensions. This role is responsible for effective communication, verbally, visually, and in writing, with cross-functional business teams to determine the optimal scope of enabling software, services, solution expertise and partnerships. The Solution Manager relies on and empowers, Solution Manager(s), Product Manager(s), Services Portfolio leads, Service Line Directors, Product/Solution Marketers, Presales and Operations to help determine specific features, services packages, business processes, go to market programs, packaging, pricing, launch plans and sales methodologies for the offering.
- Assuming accountability for the execution and business performance of the solution roadmap. Develops intimate relationships at all levels of the customers’ organizations to regularly capture buyer needs into the solution direction and strategy. He or she proactively identifies areas of opportunity and improvement in all technical and operational aspects of the solution, initiates action plans to address those areas, contributes hands-on to executing the plans and follows through on the results to ensure business cases for the offering are met.
- Securing solution partnerships. Ensures effective creation of build versus buy analysis, sales channel effectiveness, online marketplace assets and market access to determine solution partner requirements. He or she collaborates with marketing, sales and partnership teams to define and pursue solution partnerships to complete the offerings or create new routes to market.
- Conveying the solution vision to internal and external stakeholders. Invests significant time externally articulating the vision of their solution to employees, customers, partners, analysts, industry bodies and other influencers.
Skills / Qualifications:
- An imaginative and decisive business technologist who possesses domain knowledge of API Management / Microservices / Integration Middleware customer problems, market trends and competitor capabilities. Orientation is towards the definition of solutions spanning multiple business cases.
- Champions “whole solution” thinking for integration, ensuring sufficient consideration of non-functional requirements and implications for how solution is promoted, sold, delivered, and monetized.
- Has built credibility and a reputation for guiding cross-functional teams to execute on quality deliverables, solution roadmaps, new concepts, business cases, pricing models, marketing plans, customer presentations, etc.
- Lives and breathes the voice of the customer, capable of translating market trends, requirements and competitive dynamics into comprehensive solution offerings, fostering healthy debate and ambitious thinking within a team environment to arrive at a suitable solution.
- Collaborates without boundaries to ensure transparency into timelines, quality of delivery, exposure to risk, barriers to execution, business viability, and remediation plans.
Required Education / Experience:
- 8+ years of progressive leadership owning solution management, product management and/or solution architect with a reputation of delighting customers, meeting tight deadlines, and fostering cross-functional collaborative working relationships.
- Experience in managing integration/middleware solutions such as API Management. Experience with PaaS platforms and containerized solutions is desired.
- Bachelor degree or comparable academic training in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or closely related discipline.
- Master of Science, MBA or comparable post-graduate academic training, a plus.
- Experience in the creation of more than one product from inception to release with meaningful results measured in terms of customers, revenue and/or market share.
- Background with direct responsibility as a solution manager, product manager, architect, business analyst, presales consultant, a plus.
- Approximately 20% travel maybe required, including international travel.