There could be 100 billion connected devices by 2025, leading towards a trillion sensor ecosystem. 1 billion digital natives are expected to join the workforce over the next 7 years. In a hyper-connected era of mobile, social, cloud, big data, and the Internet of Things, future business models will depend on the availability of more data flowing through more systems and being accessed and used by more people.
Axway is a catalyst for transformation and a global leader in data flow governance. With Axway AMPLIFY™, our cloud-enabled data integration and engagement platform, leading brands better anticipate, adapt and scale to meet ever-changing customer expectations. Our unified, API-first approach connects data from anywhere, fuels millions of apps and delivers real-time analytics to build customer experience networks. We are in the cloud and on premise. We open up organization’s back-ends to mobile devices. We are at the forefront of digital enablement managing APIs for the Internet of Things (IoT). From idea to execution, we help make the future possible for more than 11,000 organizations in 100 countries.
Axway is looking for an innovative and enthusiastic Senior Product Owner to guide the design and development effort of a product essential to our API Lifecycle Ecosystem solutions by conveying the business vision to the engineering teams, outlining the scope and prioritization of work, and assuming accountability for successful market acceptance.
• Articulating the “what” and “why” of product releases.
• The Product Owner defines the product roadmap. He/she must ensure the roadmap maximizes value to the company. To achieve this they must be competent at absorbing, evaluating, challenging & balancing input from multiple sources including corporate vision/strategy, Solution Managers, marketing data, engineering, support, sales and Customers.
• Empowers the engineering teams to be autonomous: This role is responsible for effective communication (verbally, visually, and in writing) with the engineering teams to determine scope of work of a given release. The Product Ownwe relies on and trusts the expertise of the engineering team to determine “how” requirements should be addressed, including architecture, design patterns and implementation details.
• Guaranteeing an effective feedback loop into development. The Product Owner communicates regularly with customers to ensure a rapid and effective feedback loop into development progress and decisions. He/she spends the majority of time with customers and other stakeholders but remains highly accessible to the engineering team to receive updates on progress, discuss obstacles to progress, and facilitate trade-off decisions required on a day to day basis. The Product Owner manages the priority and content of the engineering backlog, clarifies acceptance criteria and user scenarios and validates that all deliverables in a sprint are “done”.
• Delighting customers. The Product Owner represents The Users at all times and is committed to delivering products that not only satisfy customer requirements, but also excites them. This role is intent on going above and beyond to anticipate both buyer and user needs and invoking a pleasurable experience throughout purchase, deployment, adoption, and maintenance.
• Product lifecycle management: includes feature/module sunset/retirement strategy & plan.
• Design and deliver components that can easily form part of multiple solutions.
• Bachelor degree or comparable academic training in User-Centered Design, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems.
• Master of Science or comparable post-graduate academic training, a plus.
• 3+ years of progressive leadership owning product management and/or product marketing with a reputation of delighting customers, meeting tight deadlines, and fostering collaborative working relationships with engineering.
• Experience in the creation of more than one product from inception to release with meaningful results measured in terms of customers, revenue and/or market share.
• Background with direct responsibility as a user experience designer, business analyst, presales consultant, or technical support engineer, a plus.
• An imaginative and decisive business technologist who possesses deep domain knowledge of customer problems and aspirations. Orientation is towards the definition of user scenarios, use cases, and/or user stories through visual, verbal and written communication.
• A deep understanding of the API management, Web API, IOT, Security, MBaaS, or SOA
• Has built credibility and a reputation for guiding engineering agile teams to execute on quality deliverables, i.e. user stories, user experience, backlog management, agile ceremonies, etc.
• Lives and breathes the customer and user experience, capable of translating business constructs into detailed requirements and instigating healthy debate and ambitious thinking
• Balances how to play his/her position by focusing on the “what” and “why” instead of the “how” while collaborating without boundaries to ensure transparency into timelines, quality of delivery, exposure to risk, barriers to execution, business viability, and remediation plans.
• Champions “whole product” thinking, ensuring sufficient consideration of non-functional requirements and implications for how product is promoted, sold, delivered, and monetized.
• Strong aptitude for hands-on creation of compelling visual and persuasive written content for internal and external consumption.
• Takes an inclusive and listen-first approach to appropriately influence release contents, schedules, and technical decisions, forming a highly interactive relationship built on trust.
• Continues learning and adapting to change by being receptive to coaching and addressing gaps by proactively developing desired proficiencies. Seeks mentoring and feedback.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.